Review of Garda Inspectorate’s 'Responding to Child Sexual Abuse' Report
“To carry out a follow-up review of the Garda Inspectorates seventh report 'Responding to Child Sexual Abuse' which reported on Garda arrangements for dealing with allegation of sexual abuse of children and report to the Minister for Justice and Equality. The follow-up review should include:
• Progress in implementing the recommendations of the report
• Initiatives undertaken by the Garda Síochána since the original inspection
• The operational and strategic impact of the new Garda policy on the investigation of child sexual abuse
• The impact of the revised Children First Guidance as it relates to joint working arrangements.”
Terms of Reference of the Project to Examine the Dispersement and Use of Resources Available to the Garda Síochána in the Delivery of Policing Services to Local Communities
In accordance with Section 117(2) of the Garda Síochána Act 2005, as amended, the Policing Authority hereby requests the Garda Inspectorate to examine the dispersement and use of resources available to the Garda Síochána in the delivery of policing services to local communities and to make recommendations to provide a more effective, visible and responsive policing service.
The review should take account of:
• the changing environments in rural, developing urban and suburban areas
• the views of local communities;
• the allocation of Garda resources and their deployment at the local policing level, including the use of the Garda Reserve, Garda facilities and Garda equipment; and
• relevant recommendations made in previous Inspectorate reports.
It is envisaged that this examination will take account of the ongoing work by the Garda Commissioner to implement a divisional model of policing in Ireland.
Terms of Reference with regard to entry routes into the Garda Síochána
In accordance with Section 117(2) of the Garda Síochána Act 2005, the Garda Síochána Inspectorate has been asked by the Minister for Justice and Equality to examine entry routes to the Garda Síochána for police officers from other police services and the opening up of promotion opportunities for Garda members to persons outside the Garda Síochána.